Went SLS today and bought a cute little gadget that i believe will serve me quite a while ^_^. I shall share with everyone.
http://www.vantecusa.com/demo/front/product/view_detail/297
Oh well, i can't make the pictures appear here. You might wanna take a look at their website. Now i am able to make use of my Hard disks as though they are cassettes. Save on HDD enclosure, and this allows support for multiple HDDs.
Well, i did some cost calculations and found that HDD are cheaper than dual layer dvds, so if u must store data larger than a dvd can hold, HDDs are the way to go. This is based on my calculation of a 4.7GB disc costing $0.30 = 15.6GB/$ and 8.4GB disc costing $2 = 4.2GB/$. Since a 500GB hdd only cost $137 = 3.64GB/$. So much for the ease of transfer, speed and storage all in 1 place. I rather buy a HDD. The only concern is that, i lose the data if the HDD crashes. Losing 500gb of data is damn painful i must exclaim.
I have lost approx. 120gb of data due to hdd failure. However, i am sure i will recover them in time. I was glad though that they were able to give me a 1 to 1 exchange for the spoilt HDD.
No comments:
Post a Comment