No day is more fulfilling or hectic than this. I went to 2 major tourist attractions in the same day. OWNAGE!
First was to the island Cheung Chau. It is an outlying island and the faster ferry there cost about S$8 I recommend taking the faster ship as the trip takes almost half the time. 30mins instead of 1hr. It is an island which is quite self sufficient! It has a library, market, high school and lots of shops selling seafood. This island is highly recommended to visit. It is also a cycling expedition heaven there are so many bicycles! Many locals go over for holiday and cycling.
Cheap seafood aplenty, we ordered so much, ate for more than an hour. Didn't take a photo of the portion of seafood we ate. It was crazy. I originally wanted to go to the cave which is at the tip of the island to take a picture of sundown. But we ate for so long that I decided to go back to HK Island first as I wanted to go up to Victoria Peak. So I shall give that a miss this time. Save it for the next.
Friday night is really bad time to go up the Peak. On top of the local crowd, I must squeeze with more tourists. If i had an option i won't go on weekends, but with such a short time frame what can i do? Make the best of it. Lucky the peak tram has been upgraded and can now haul more people. It is still crazy to stand inside cabin though. The steep incline can at some places feel like 60deg. Imagine trying to stand up at the angle. But its a cool tool to go up mountains. Took some great pictures on the top of the building on the peak. The fog parted when i was on the tram, so the view was not bad. Considering the previous time I came in the day, the view was more breathtaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment