Missed the previous stay over which had full attendance minus me =X I wanted another one, and was given one. Thanks to Yx for providing the place, CY and prob ZQ to help plan this event.
I realised something, you need time for people to settle down before everyone can "interact" and start to feel comfortable with each other's presence. Well, since the event only started at night, it was a bit on the rushed side. Glad everyone made it for a dinner together. Whew it costs us $76 for a few dishes. I guess the Garoupa wasn't in season.
Well, the few items we had on the dinner table.
- Some royal dunno what preparation but extremely tasty steamed Garoupa
- Sambal prawns with lots of chilli and oil
- Fried tofu
- Broccoli and carrots
- Ginger & Onion Venison (deer) meat
I must emphasise that the fish though expensive was nice to eat. It pains me to see people not eating it just because it has bones =( Not that i was promoting it, but wasting food is bad. Steamed fish is a piece of art. It is difficult to prepare them, season them and ultimately come out with a product that doesn't have the fishy taste. I am one person who will not eat fish if it tastes fishy. Well, fried fish does have its advantages in having some of the taste being covered up by the frying process.
I couldn't really see if everyone was really enjoying the food, but i was ^_^. Watching everyone eating together was even more fun though. Rushing to finish the food to watch Little Nyonya was hillarious. Cy's comments during the show was dumb, seeing everyone glueing their eyes to the TV is unacceptable. But again, being together doing dumb things is just how humans enjoy.
"When 1 person does something stupid, it is stupid. When many people does something stupid, it becomes cool."
Yup, so after the show, the talk cock sing song play mahjong mood wasn't really there yet, so we played a little xbox games. Flew around a little, drove around a little. Hmm, time to play some boardgames. Monopoly or Risk? Risk is kinda boring for a time like this. So.. Monopoly. EDWIN! wth is with you and going into Jail? I think all the get out of jail free in the game won't even save you. Well, the game ended halfway cuz it got too boring. Apparently, it was better to just spend the time gossiping and talking about the past we spent together.
Everyone was very tired, as we can deduce from each other's eyebags, but in the end we still managed to stay up till 3am or so together with some internet entertainment game edwin introduced to everyone. Oi dun sleep leh, the night is still not over.
Woke up early next morning to go for an event and returned soon after that.
I knew that cy got up and wanted to buy breakfast with the guys, but little did i realise wat was about to happen. I returned to the smell of oil. Hmm, maybe something nice is cooking. Woo, i think it is the smell of burnt oil. Wooh, its coming from somewhere nearby. OMG its coming from her home! Lol, exaggeration. But i do see a specimen of a poor charred chicken nugget! OH we are cooking our breakfast! Lets see, cooking pancakes, uncooked nuggets due to over heated oil and hashbrowns in the fridge. Ok ultimately we pin pointed that the oil was too hot. Thats y we had that "charcoal" in the dustbin.
Lol, my turn to cook the pancake. DISASTER! Its not the first time I've done it and i did it fine before, what when wrong? Was it the pan? was it the fire? was I too impatient? Ok I was too impatient and the pan has lost its non-stick ability. But i did redeem myself somehow. I realised that the plastic spatula we use for cooking has melted! What's worse was that the pancakes cooked before mine are stained with the melted plastic! Pancake master, ZW please carry on the cooking and give us nicely shaped pancakes. The only gripe though was the pancake not totally cooked, still had some flour taste. But it could be due to poor mixing too and not cooking.
Luckily we had some steamed paus and strawberries to complete the breakfast. Yeah! We could steam stuff. We could cook sausages, albeit underfry chicken nuggets and soak hashbrowns in oil. I guess now, the oil is not hot enough heh. So after all the fun we had in the kitchen, we have brunch instead of breakfast! Clean up the oil filled kitchen, we must leave no signs that we have used it. Apparently, we totally cleaned it so sparkling clean it was in a better condition than it originally was.
Time to play some board games again. We shouldn't neglect Risk since CY brought it here right? 5 players is already unfair from the start. 3v2 was even more unfair. Even if it was 5 independent players it would still be 2 v 1 v 1 v 1 wouldn't it? haha. So despite the overwhelming odds, edwin and I still stood up strong against the enemies namely (ZQ, CY, YX [who just wants to kill edwin] ) until i had to leave and let zw continue the game for me haha.
What about the mahjong session at night? You guys gotta update me abt it. Can the holidays don't end?
No comments:
Post a Comment