Monday, 25 August 2008

After effects of 21km

Man, this has got to be one of the most painful muscleaches i have gotten in my life. Its not like i haven't gotten it before, but it affects a much larger area than i anticipated.

Not only the running muscle groups on my legs are aching, my whole body too! Calf, hamstring, quadriceps, you name it on the anatomy of the human leg, it hurts. My sides do ache slightly from the twisting motion of the lower torso during runs. Shoulders hurt from the swinging action when running and even my elbows hurt from the bent position when we run.

Now that sounds like a long list of complains right? Lol, I'm not complaining but it is quite interesting to experience such an extent of muscleache after so long. It has been quite a while since i had really exercised till this degree. When i ran up to 12kms it was only ever the leg that hurts. I guess everyone who truly ran and probably didn't prepare enough from it will suffer from the same effects.

Walking up or down stairs is a bane and even standing up hurts. I guess i shall just lie and bed and stay there whole day haha. I wonder will i ever recover before the fateful 24km route march thats coming up?

No comments: