Friday, 6 April 2007

In honour of those whose days are numbered...

Although i have been quite optimistic with the fact that i'm going in to army since months ago, in recent days, i start to feel that there is just not enough time for me to spend! I'm feeling quite depressed that i'm going to leave my family and friends behind to become a greenie.

I have long expected life to be tough in the army. As they say, reach for the stars and land on the moon. In this case, expect hell to come and you will take the punishment in your stride. It is impossible to calm and remind myself, "Army = uniform group, just that it's a little tougher." And needless to say, I will be far away from any civilisation while I'm on that little island resort.

I shall be contributing to the "missing" 19 - 21 year olds who are always absent from the streets. Being botak is the trademark of army recruits and those in sispec courses. I definitely hope that i do not be a botak for more than 3 months. That is, either i remain a small fry, or i go to OCS. It is a lofty aspiration which is difficult to achieve, but i suppose its attainable.

Stories of misery, toughness of training and other complains have been circulating around. However, nothing disturbs me as much as the PARAnormal stuff. It is something that we don't usually encounter together nor are able to avoid. This is as opposed to physical punishments, which we can get used to the training and become fitter. Paranormal stuff is definitely no.1 on my list of worries. However, i believe that everything will be fine.

Well fiction aside, its now for facts. Starting from tomorrow, I HAVE ONLY ( 10 - 7 = 3 days) LEFT! 10 is not counted as a full day as i will only be enjoying 2 hours of my morning.

No comments: