Sunday, 1 February 2009

Exploring the Southern Ridges

Hmm why did I suddenly embark on this trip you might ask. Cuz I had to bring my relatives around. Well, they wanted some nature stuff and I was thinking about places I didn't go before. I initially wanted to go to Kent Ridge Park to go onto the high metal tree top trail. However, It wasn't to be so. The bridge is actually part of the Kent Ridge Park and Telok Blangah Park park connector.

Well basically, it is a journey from Kent Ridge Park to HarbourFront. Not very far actually, even with conservative estimate just need about 3 hours to enjoy it all. From Kent Ridge to Harbour Front.

Click here to see a Map of the entire trail from NParks.

Kent Ridge Park Canopy Walk

This few hundred meter walk is just an appetiser. There isn't really anything much here actually. Straight ahead is just a view of the park, some grass and buildings in the distance.

Kent Ridge Park

There's something to watch here, well more or less a view of the scenery and scrap metal. There's a heritage gallery reminding about WWII here too, but i didn't bother to see it.

Hort Park

I absolutely love this park. Although it sits at ground level, in the way of my asap reach vivo city expedition. There are many things to showcase here! I think a while more is required as they put up more exhibits and make this place more friendly. Its a technological showcase and has plenty of kid magnets (i presume ur still kids). A very nice ambience for playing during the day.

Alexander Bridge and Forest Walk

The arch is quite a majestic structire. The entire Forest walk is even more majestic. I see it as a technological showcase and marvel that sits well in a nature reserve. Since the main aim is to get people to appreciate the nature and surroundings, lets get those who like architecture and enjoy artistic stuff to enjoy nature too. Quite a long walk, nothing much to see. Just walk through the forest and see some colonial era houses on the left.

Telok Blangah Hill and Hilltop Walk

The hilltop walk is quite a WWII era marvel I think quite a few movies have been made at that setting. Quite a nice spot to linger around.

Henderson Waves

This is a nice bridge, paved with wood. Absolutely good for skateboard, rollerblade stunts with a negative gradient. Once you fail a stunt chances are a 10 story fall to your doom! Of course you must not skateboard, blade or do any forms of dangerous sport on this artistic structure. Too hot during the day to chill here, but probably good for nights.

Mount Faber

The famous Mount Faber where you can see MANY things and i mean this is the best viewing spot. Take the cable car, eat some expensive stuff and have a nice evening. You can see Vivo city, most of the south and even up settlements up north. Easily accessible and a nice spot to chill.

Heh now i know why they must build park connectors, cuz Mt Faber is about the only park worth visiting! The connectors and Hort Park are great additions but the classic is still Mt Faber. 

No comments: