Finally, after quite a long period of lull, I have decided to spend some time adding info to this page.
I have just came back from the field camp and left the wilderness from a while. Rain sunny rain sunny rain. What weird weather... Can't we have cloudy weather all the way? Rain drops keep falling on my head...
Anyways, I have just built a new computer last week after months of consideration and here are the specs. It includes some of the parts i salvaged from my older computer.
Intel Q9450 2.66ghz, 1333mhz, 12mb cache
Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard
2x2GB Crucial Ballastix 800mhz CL4 4-4-4-12 Ram
Seagate 640GB 32mb Cache HDD
2 x Seagate 500GB 32mb Cache HDD (salvaged)
Asus 4870 512mb Graphics
LG Dvd writer w lightscribe
LG Dvd writer (salvaged)
Cooler Master CM690 Casing
Cooler Master 700w Modular True Power
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit + SP1
So all in all, its a new rig since all the salvaged parts are less than a year old too. I spent about $2300 whoo a big hole in the pocket. Most of the time it will be my bro and father using, so i have no fear about it being under-utilised. The amount of ram still seems to be too little in fact.
When running 8 instances of the program (I could do 4 with my older com) it draws 7+ GB of pagefile and 3+ GB of ram. I am trying to reduce the use of Pagefile since it is slower and kinda kills the HDD. I am heading towards 8gb of ram if i can get my hands on them. I wanted to get another 2x2GB of ballastix today but it seems i am out of luck. They are currently out of stock.
I also want to encode videos hence the processing poweress of 4 processors which i want to harness. I hope the adobe softwares can handle that though. It will be a perfect computer if they can accept multi processers to render and encode the video. The previous computer was slow like a turtle man!
No comments:
Post a Comment